May 26, 2008

Pumpkin pie

IRA got BAPTIZED! It was so fun! We had to arrange the whole thing, and she loved it! She came out of the water and I didn't even care, I jumped on her and got completely wet, but it was amazing! Elder J. baptized her. It was so RAD! Her mom wants to get baptized too! I LOVE her mom! The lessons we give at their apartment always have the most amazing spirit ever, and for some reason, I can speak Russian with them. It's really weird, but the words just come. I STRUGGLE really badly everywhere else. But there, it just flows and I feel the spirit so strong. It's the most amazing thing ever!

Today I'm making pumpkin pie... yes, you read right. I didn't even know you had to make it, I just thought it came like that from Costco... ;) But a babushka had pumpkin quarters yesterday by the metro and my companions were so excited because one of them has tried pumpkin pie and LOVES it. They were like, "you ameerican. You ceen maeek eet! narmalna. You ameerikin!" I was like, really I don't know how to cook, much less make a pie, but they wanted me to try. So I'll tell you how it turns out. I have to make the crust and everything! GOSH things are easier in America! :)

Satan freaking sucks, can I just tell you that? On Monday I woke up and was just so happy and thought to myself, "why am I ever sad on my mission? It's such a rad experience." Well, Satan decided to hit me that day, hard. I was horrible at the language all day and just couldn't do anything right and everything was going wrong and I was just really negative for the whole day and the next. I knew too. I didn't contact anyone because I couldn't communicate and didn't feel like it anyways. Well, I discovered, as I always do time and time again, that when I FINALLY bucked up and contacted someone (I felt so strongly that God was telling me to just do it and everything would be fine, so I did.) I was immediately happy again. It's so strange how it all works out. :) I have so much more to say, but I only have 2 minutes left and I need to write prez. I love you sooooo soooo much!
(written on Oct 25, 2007)

No comments: