May 26, 2008

It's called "SOUP!"

It's snowing!!!! It started last Sunday and omg did I speak way too soon when I said it was cold... yes folks, hell has frozen over. jk, I love it here! But wow, I might not last the winter... I'm serious. Haha I just walk silently and brainlessly, moving as little as possible bundled in my animal Sasha (oh yea, did I ever tell you that's her name? I didn't want it to be, but it's been the only name that has been in my head since I first tried her on. So Sasha she is!) I'm so thankful for fur... words I never thought I would utter. That happens a lot here. :)

We've all been sick... and it's freezing in our apartment... so all in all moods aren't running the highest that they could be. :) Funny story--I make soup all the time and just throw in all the veggies and stuff that I can, season it up and eat. Every single time my comps ask, "What's it called?" And EVERY time I say "...soup..." "Yes, but what's it called?" And EVERY time I have to explain, "listen, in America this is soup. It's just SOUP!" See, they have borsht and shee, (which p.s. are totally like a simple soup but with beets... not a huge deal.) Oh, and tomato soup is just as weird to them as it was to Sosyak. They just don't get the concept of grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. Haha! And that can of tuna you sent, mom, caused a riot. I made tuna sandwiches for us and they were so in awe about it and they LOVED them... what the heck? I was like, it's tuna. But it was soooo good having it cuz I miss EVERYTHING I used to eat.

You know how I've been LIVING on bread and chocolate and I have to have chocolate every night or else I'll die? Well, Friday night I went home and miraculously didn't want chocolate... I was DYING for eggs and cheese! DYING! So the next day we loaded up and I have been eating them with everything. I figure my body FINALLY got fed up with never having protein or
something, cuz it's all I crave now.

My shots: I've gotten like 7. They totally don't hurt, they're in the arm and I only have one left at the end of December. I keep thinking, I bet they're just shooting me up with water or something cuz they thought it was soooo dumb I was getting the shots. Haha. But the place is nice so hopefully not. :)

You sent me an article about Christmas in Russia, but my comps don't celebrate it. They said that for so long the country didn't that only some people do now. And it's not even in December, it's in January. They told me that Dec 25 will just be a normal day for us... I of course said no freaking way, I'm talking to my fam all day!

p.s. I have to go get winter boots... yup, already. I love the boots I got, but yea, they're not for snow. My feet are going to fall off....

Did I tell you that elder B told everyone about my lice.... moron.

Let me tell you about this creeper man that's been stalking our investigators. Sveta is 17 and super cute, small and just an innocent beautiful girl and her best friend Youla is beautiful too. We're teaching them both. Well, the APs had an investigator a while ago whose like, in his late 30s and he's been following them everywhere. Real creeper, right. Well, he attacked Sveta the other night while she was alone walking home. Luckily a guy saved her, but I wanted to KILL this guy! And all the words I wanted to say to him I don't know in Russian and I shouldn't really say... But I swore if he showed up again I would freak out. "I'm gonna lose my freaking mind!" (kicks a trash can.) ;) Anyway, I taught my girls how to "grab, twist and pull," and I told them my mommy taught me that. Well, guess what. Last night he showed up at English. He doesn't ever talk to anyone, he just lingers and follows the girls. I got sooooo mad and was going to go tell him off, but Elder H stopped me and asked what was wrong and I told him. Well, he and Elder Y were having none of that so they told us to just go and I guess THEY went in and told him to hit the road and never come back or else they would kick his ace. He finally agreed, so I'm hoping it's all over.

We've got this inactive girl we teach, Lena. She's got a huge dent in her head because her boyfriend beat her and kicked her skull in when he was drunk and now he's in jail. I guess he killed a man before so it's his second time in prison. She's really hard to get to commit to things. She won't stop smoking and she's still in love with this moron who almost killed her. She always just listens to our lessons we spend time preparing, like no big deal. Well, the other day we didn't know what to teach, we don't know what else to say! So we read her the poem 'God Said No.' I forget what it's called in English, but I love it. It's where someone is praying to God for life to be easier and he keeps on answering no, but with good reasons. Anyways, she sat there and cried. It was the first time she cried with us, or had any kind of spiritual emotion. So I hope the spirit has made a breakthrough in her life and we can help her.

I'm still cutting hair. ALL the elders want their hair done but I don't have clippers! A girl came running into English last night and was like "I NEED YOUR HELP!" She's gorgeous and had long beautiful hair... HAD. She had to chop it really quickly before she came because she fell asleep and got gum all in it! So I sat her down and gave her the short Jennifer Anniston haircut and she looked awesome! She loved it! :) (written on Nov 8, 2007)


No comments: