July 17, 2008

Angels among us

OMG, it was hilarious reading about the Russian salads you did.   And yes, you NEED to add mayo, they put it on EVERYTHING here!   Literally. 

The blizzards have been adventurous!   I'm finally seeing the Russia I THOUGHT existed!   I totally feel like I'm in a movie!   It's freaking INSANE!!!!!   The winds are CRAZY and its just whiteouts!   soooooo fun and crazy.   But difficult too since we get around everywhere by foot.   Even if we can take the metro, we still have to walk long distances to them.   But this is my adventure.   :)   After I wrote to you last week, we actually had a couple days of amazing sun.   I would literally sit in our kitchen windowsill in the morning, just soaking it in.

Elder W's bday was this week.   I feel bad cuz birthdays suck for missionaries here, but there's not much to be done.   We're all out of money cuz of mess ups in the office and it's not like we could party in any way.   Haha so I just made cookies and stuff.   

I've become a bread maker...   who am i?!   Yes, I literally knead it with my hands, let it rise and bake it.   I feel so....   I don't even know.   Domestic isn't even the word, I just feel weird.   Haha.   Maybe I could make wheat bread, but I don't know how.   Anyways, hopefully we can buy some flour soon, so I can make some more.   

Easter isn't happening this month, not sure when it will.   But daylight savings will finally hit this Sunday.   

The Bible is soooo X-rated.   I just keep thinking as I'm reading, there is no WAY our world is worse off now than it was in old testament times.   No way.   

So do you remember Dima from my English class?   The really sarcastic guy I love to death that doesn't believe in God.   Yea, well I had a spiritual experience with him the other day.   Every English class, I share a spiritual thought at the end and he expressed to me that he likes them a lot, which to me was a total miracle.   But that wasn't the experience.   We were talking about a bunch of junk, me and my class.   And I was telling them how I wanted to go to University after my mish and all.   Anyways, I don't remember exactly what I was saying at the moment, but he very seriously turned to me and told me to pray about my situation.   Everyone went really quiet, cuz everyone knows Dima, and that's not something that would EVER come out of his mouth.   STUPIDLY, I was like, WHAT are you talking about, this is coming from YOU?   You don't even believe in God!   (I know, I'm a moron, but I just said what everyone else was thinking.)   He very seriously was like, "I know.   But YOU do.   And I know he will answer your prayers."   ....   I felt the spirit so strong, I don't know why, he was simply reminding me of something I testify about all the time.   But I felt HIS testimony when he said that.   It's like he was testifying he DOES know there's a God and that prayer does work.   I don't know, maybe you had to be there.   But everyone was dead silent and it was just a really good moment.   I really do love Dima.

I had something else awesome happen this week.   The other night my comp and I were on our way from the hospital from a meeting with a woman member not from this area.   It was snowing and we were riding the tram, but decided to get off a few stops before ours to contact a little.   We hit a few people with English invites and stuff a?? my comp finally tried to give the BOM to a babushka.   She said no, but that wasn't the point.   It all happened kind of quick, but as we were turning back to continue on our path, I glanced up at the snow as it fell over the street lights and I felt EXTREME happiness.   I SPECIFICALLY felt the impression that an angel was with us.   Maybe I'm being dramatic, but I can honestly say that at that moment, I felt peace that God is always with us, that he loves his missionaries, he loves us.   It was a cool moment for me.   I'm thankful for his love.   How lucky am I to have this gospel in my life!   How lucky are WE as a family!   To know what's up.   :)   We are so blessed.   

The work is really hard right now, our teaching pool has evaporated.   This area is just really hard.   So, the next day, our family home evening situation fell through, like it so often does.   So we contacted and tracted instead.   We gave a lady a BOM in the building that we tracted and she started BAWLING.   She didn't talk to us for long, but looked like she had been waiting for us.   We got her number and are calling her today.   In that same stairwell, a young guy came up the stairs lugging a baby carrying case and a stroller and we asked him if he wanted a BOM.   He SERIOUSLY looked like he wanted it, but his hands were full which is why he was hesitating and his wife walked up and was super rude and said they didn't need it.   So sad, because he looked sorry.   It's usually the men who deny, so I was sorry to see a potential priesthood holder walk away.   It was a good night though.   We left a handout in their box.   :)   

I do love my mission!   I have absolutely no regrets coming on a mission.   I'm definitely meant to be here.   I just wish my fam could be with me.   :)   I miss you and love you so much!   (written March 27, 2008)

No comments: