July 17, 2008

Cats in the Hermitage

I am HOPING spring has sprung, but the weather already faked us out once before, so we'll see.   

We had transfers.   As you see, I’m not typing for joy or anything, but what can you do.   I really want to go to k-grad, but I think because I want to so bad, I never will.   But maybe next transfer.   :)   I'm still in shuvalovo, but this time with Varygina...   Remember her?   The comp I had in the threesome.   We were both in shock.   And pretty open with each other about how shocked and scared we were/are.   But whatever.   She's an AMAZING missionary, and if anyone can pick up this area, she can.   We don't particularly like each other, but I watch her in awe cuz she's just fearless at contacting.   I want to be like that.   :)   Sure, she's got the Russian thing down... cuz she was born here and all.   But I still am like, wow.   So we'll see how this turns out.   I have a feeling its only for a transfer.   This is my 4th transfer here, everyone keeps grimacing and giving me their apologies, haha!   Shuvalovo isn't the popular place in the mish.   

Kor got put with Sosyak.   They were not a happy pair either, Haha but I think it'll be fine.   It’s only for a transfer cuz Sosyak goes home after this one.   Weird!   She was my trainer!   But anyways, yea, Kor is gone and last night I realized was the first night in a long time I slept without her noises.   Haha!   I told you about that right?   EVERY night.   Did I tell you about how I woke up in the middle of the night the other night and how we were in the middle of a conversation in Russian?   hahahaha I think I ran into a word I didn't know so it startled me into awake mode and I realized we had been talking.   I wonder how many convos we've had in our sleep.   

Last week, we did a really weird service thing at the Hermitage.   They were having this private showing of the underground halls there, for famous people, because there are hundreds of cats living there!   In the hermitage!   I guess a long time ago they had a rat problem so they just brought in a ton of cats and they live there still.   In these underground nasty halls.   Just running around and making it stink!   It was sosoooooo weird!   And they tried to make it all urban with videos of these cats and music and stuff...   sooo not cool.   

But I was up close and personal with a bunch of famous Russians.   Too bad I had no clue who any of them were. My fave was this really Russian, fat dude who was dressed super nice with a long black palto and Russian mink shapka with medals and stuff on him.   He was way funny and joked with me a few times.   I guess he's on TV or something, don't know.   I also met this way cool girl from Germany named Katrin.   She was very interested in the church and we talked a bunch on the phone, but I think someone else talked to her cuz she doesn't want to talk religion anymore, which was a COMPLETE turnaround from what she was wanting before.   Sad.   But she called and invited me out to a nightclub with her and my zone leaders were there so I asked them (totally jokingly, haha) and they freaked.   :)   

I got no mail this week.   Sad.   I’m a little traumatized.   I live for my mail.   :(   My stupid mailbox!

I love you so much.   Write me lots, I’m clearing out my mailbox right now!   Hug everyone for me.  (written April 3, 2008)

No comments: