June 9, 2008

"Happy freaking American Thanksgiving!"

Did you know that today is Thanksgiving? Cuz I didn't....OMG! How OUT of it am i???? And guess what we're doing... NOTHING! I refused to do nothing so we are actually going buck freaking wild and hitting up Papa Johns for lunch. woopie. Elder Y. told me to just wait, cuz Christmas is even more off the hook than thanksgiving... oorah.

Last night we went to a concert that a couple of elders put on, which was way fun! But something really sad and traumatizing happened then. We walked outside to leave and right out on the street a car had just hit two people.... a young guy and a woman. They were both dead. It was horrible. I don't want to go on about it. I'm just thankful to be alive, just a general statement.

I'm getting transferred to serve in another area in the city with Sister K. I call her sister K cuz I can NOT pronounce her name. My whole mission I've tried. And guess what. She speaks absolutely zero english... hmmm. Maybe I'll finally learn russian. :) haha it'll be good for me. She's really sweet but the most that we've ever communicated was a smile and a hug. I cut her hair tho. This morning she called and I didn't understand one word she said... so she handed it over to Gegaulchi, haha! I knew I would be with her tho, I guessed it before they even called.

Elder J's fam came to pick him up on saturday and they're still here. All his bros came too, so it's just a big party! Sports night on saturday was so fun! It snowed a bunch and we met at the field and were all bundled and FREEZING and I was like, no way can we stay out here for 2 1\2 hrs! But we started a snowball fight and played soccer in the snow and it was so fun! Everything is SO frozen over! No need for iceskating rinks, the sidewalks work just fine.

I tried to highlight my hair and it went terribly wrong...again. So I went and bought a chocolate brown last night and we were all excited my hair was going to be dark.... washed it out and dried it... totally my natural color... didn't do anything! what the heck>!>?!?! So i'll have to try again I guess. I'm gonna just leave it for a couple of days tho. Random lessons this week: 1. Never light a gas oven then reach over the burner for something unless you purposely want to rid that appendage of any hair. 2.Walking on ice is an AWESOME workout.

I need to write to Prez, cuz I haven't the last couple of weeks...oops. :) I love you so much! Tell the family I MISS them! I can't wait to see everyone again! ahhh! Do they know that I think about every single one of them all the time?! I'm so thankful for my freaking family!!!! I'm so thankful for America! I'm so thankful for my mission and that you and dad support me here! I'm so thankful for colorful clothing! I'm thankful for russian chocolate! I'm thankful for english. I'm thankful for the scriptures! Ps, I'm totally into the dead sea scroll thing! soooo cool! I can't wait to study up on them when I come home. I'm so thankful for the gospel and for the Holy Ghost and that he makes it so I can communicate with the Russian people. I love my Heavenly Father and my Savior. I love that they love me. :) Again, I love YOU! I'm so thankful that my best friend is my mom! haha! I LOVE you gosh dangit!!! ;) Hug everyone for me! And Happy freaking AMERICAN Thanksgiving! :) (written on Nov 22, 2007)

No comments: