June 9, 2008

"Things that just don't happen, happen in Russia"

Sister Sandberg told me this week at district meeting that she's never seen all the sisters and girls in the branches have better hair and she asked me if I’d cut hers in 2 weeks...OH!

Let me tell you about Rita, our miracle. Remember how I told you about going tracting last Tuesday and how it was such an amazing day? Well the last girl I gave and English invite to, Rita, is our new investigator. Here I am, serving in a "dead" area, and guess what? WE HAVE A BAPTISM!!!!! AHHH! I'm scared to get too excited, cuz I know things fall through, but she wants to get baptized! Feb 16th! She's so amazing! We met with her this week. We got to Fantanka, our building in the city and Kop and I ran to the bathroom. When we came back she told us that she said a prayer in her heart while we were gone and that she opened the BOM that was sitting on the table, and she read 2 Nephi 27:6-9.....Talk about Holy Ghost working miracles! Could that BE more perfect!?!?!?! She told us that she's studied every religion for a long time and that her parents told her never to study Mormonism cuz of what they've read about it...but she knew right when she met us. And she wants to be baptized!!!! She's amazing!
My heart feels so happy every time I talk or think about it. It's just amazing! I love her and pray for everything to turn out please, cuz I know Satan is going to be working hard on this girl.

I'll leave you with a little quote. I might have given it to you last week. It's by Tolstoy, the dude that wrote War and Peace. "Things that just don't happen, happen in Russia." Oh how true that is.

I love you more that life itself. I can't wait to see you and hug you! (written on Jan 24, 2008)

No comments: