June 21, 2008

It's Christian Bale's birthday!

I’ve been belting “Lady in Red” all day on the street cuz it was playing in McDonalds. We just ran into all the Elders on the street as they were going to get pizza. Bummer since I just scarfed a burger and 2 ice creams... hey now, don't judge me, it's Christian Bale's birthday today. I can eat all the morozhena (ice-cream) I want. And I will. We're partying hard after this.

Let me update you on Rita. We had our Plan of Salvation lesson with her the other night. I've been terrified and praying Satan wouldn't touch this girl, right. Well, when she walked in, I could see that her eyes were just different. I leaned over to my comp and mentioned it too. Then when we were teaching her, she was just so skeptical! And being so ornery. When we would testify she would laugh and she just kept asking STUPID questions over and over again.

I KNOW she's been talking to her Muslim boyfriend. He told her she HAS to be Muslim if she wants to be with him, so I'm sure he's just pulling out all kinds of crap on the church. Anyways, the saddest part was her eyes. This girl has had such a passion since we met her, and always has had such a depth and happiness in her eyes as we talk and teach. That day, it was just mocking. It was such a horrible feeling. But what can you do? We testified, and took her to FHE right after, where luckily she made friends and talked to other people about the church. And the lesson seemed to be made for her! It was about how Satan is so subtle but works his way into our lives confusing us. It was perfect. Well, needless to say, she realized she does have a testimony and has felt a change in her life already and doesn't want that to stop. I loved hearing that. So we're on the right track again.

Remember the girl we met, the one with the one freezing room that we sat on the dirty floor by candlelight. SHE has come a LONG way! She loves us now. Like, LOVES us, which is shocking cuz she's so sarcastic and bitter. But I love that. haha! Not the bitter part. Anyways, yea, we went one day and wallpapered the room. Totally hard, but way fun. Then we had the elders come and hook up the electricity so now there is light and heat. And a bed! Good times. And now her mom is open to us coming over and teaching any time. And we do. Every week! Service totally works, it's so fun. :) Her brother has been hanging out with the elders too! Shock. Love it!

Elder S. left. Sadness. It’s always an ongoing heartbreak seeing these amazing friends go home! And they just forget about you... hahaha. It sucks. But I know they just move on with their lives. So I gave him a haircut and said goodbye. He was way cool. Elders H and M are leaving in a couple of weeks. I'm being shredded. (written Jan 31, 2008)

No comments: