June 21, 2008

Cochroach cake and Satan sucks.

Happy Valentine's Day! Yet another amazingly romantic one for me...

Can you believe that I’m on the downhill slope officially!? I'm halfway through my mish! Weird.

I had a high fever for 3 days in a row. All sorts of nightmares started happening and every single day I was dreaming super stressful and devastating stuff. I would just wake up in the middle of the night bawling. Luckily, my comp loves being the Mom and took good care of me. But then she got sick, so we were just pathetic and slept for a couple of days. The nightmares just stopped two nights ago. I'm soooo thankful.

One of the days we were laid up, we were both so sick but wanted something chocolate. So we went to this little grocery shop we didn't know existed that is super close to our apt that we always wanted to see if it was good. We cruised in and started ogling (as much as you can ogle with no energy) the cakes and treats in one of the glass display cases. Just then, from one of the cakes crawled a cockroach... Normally, I would have let out a high-pitched Portuguese screech, but being mostly dead I only pointed, then turned around sadly with my comp and walked out. Obviously we're never going back there again.

I looked in the cookbook you gave me and it has Indian fry bread! So on one of the days when we were wondering what the heck to eat, I made some with Mexican rice (thank you for the spices!) and eggs. Freaking killer, I'm not gonna lie. They were divine. But our super clean kitchen has been coated in oil ever since. Everything.

You know Rita, our girl getting baptized this week? Yea, well she's not... She WILL, but not this week. Want to know why? Her whole life she's obeyed the law of chastity, in fact we've taught her twice, really good lessons about it, and guess what. For the first time in her life, the week of her baptism, she had sex. WHAT THE CRAP!???!?!?! That's not all, that just started a huge chain of events that just goes to show how freaking horrible Satan is.

But something good did come from it, I guess. That night, we left Rita and talked it out, and I was just FUMING because I HATE how people just don't have BRAINS (and all of this took me back to other people in my life who just don't THINK! Or they know something is wrong and they just forget or something.) Anyways, we were talking one night and I just suddenly felt so thankful I never made that mistake. Rita's. And all these other people that do it and can't even see what's going on as their lives go down hill! I just felt so at peace all of the sudden, and I cried. I'm so thankful I grew up in the church and decided on my standards a long time ago. It just sucks to watch other people have to go through it, when you KNOW what will happen, and they don't want to listen.

Rita called us and told us she didn't feel sorry for what she did but still wanted to be baptized. Then she cancelled her next meeting with us. Just everything was falling apart. Finally, we saw her yesterday, and she was just pathetic. We were teaching about the Word of Wisdom and halfway through the lesson I just turned to her and asked why she was so unhappy. She started bawling and we had a really long, good conversation about repentance and how she felt completely wrong, but didn't know why. But luckily she was starting to see. I don't know, its horrible to say I was happy she was sad, but it was a good, super spiritual moment because I felt like her eyes (or soul) were finally opening for her to see what was really there, ya know. I just get so claustrophobic when people won’t LISTEN!

Anyway, there's much more to it and I feel like I can't write this kind of stuff in letters cuz I don't say it right and I sound completely corny. Anyways, I am thankful for my testimony. And speaking of the Word of Wisdom, I'm thankful that's never been a problem for me either. Thank you so much for raising me right! I just see people and literally thank God I don't have to be dealing with junk like that in my life. I'm so happy!

Satan is hard at work. I am so sorry right now for my comp, because things have started to happen with her family. They've been good members for more than 10 years, and suddenly her mom is drinking coffee, her bro went off the deep end and is drinking, smoking, getting tats and piercings and stuff, and it's all happened with in a week! GOSH! :) I feel super bad for Job... just a side note.

Today I cut H's hair, then we went to Carl's Jr. for M’s birthday party. He leaves this week, I'm devastated. I gave him my pink scarf and some other pink stuff for his bday cuz his favorite color is pink. Haha! He's the manliest guy I know who likes pink. He's rad. I will miss him terribly.

Anyways, sorry about all that, it's just been kind of a super hard week. Not the worst, but not the best by any stretch of the imagination. And Kop is going to get transferred this Saturday, we just know it, and I'm so sad! And scared of who I’ll be with... we'll see..

I love you more than you could possibly imagine!
(written Feb 14, 2008)

No comments: