June 21, 2008

Dodging trains

Where to begin? How about how I'm DEVASTATED Mitt Romney dropped out!!!! Thank you for sending me his speeches! I LOVE HIM! I want him to be my president! I've never even seen him before, but I could just feel how amazing he is from what he said! I've been sharing his speeches everywhere I can: in my spiritual thoughts, in my lessons, to the elders, at church... I'm a crazy psycho freak.

And I'm feeling the crazy political feelings all coming back. Like, screaming back. Last night in my English practice, it got a little intense, as it did on Saturday's too. Man, I'm crazy. And here I am screaming Revolution to the Russians (I’m sooo frustrated with their government! They’re so trapped and controlled~!) And they just don't understand why we all care so much as to who will be president. They said it wouldn't really change anything... oh man, you know me, don't even get me started on what I said after that. Anyways. I cried when I read his speeches. One day, Mitt will be my President.

Speaking of last night's English practice, my group is just full of men and I love them! I always get so tight with my groups and feel like fam. There's one man, in his late 60s, very normal, nice man, right. Well, last night before my other students arrived we were just sitting and chatting and he was telling me about his girlfriend. He was saying she costs him too much and he thinks they might split soon, but he'd like to marry her, blah blah blah. Then it came out. He couldn't marry her because he's married. Has been for 35 years. This girl is his lover. And she's 20 FREAKING YEARS OLD! He was talking like all this was normal! And I know it is in Russia, but it gets me every time!!!! Anyways, he wanted my advice cuz I was her age... I almost died. Then his son-in-law showed up (he's in my class too) so he couldn't talk about it anymore. Where am I?

On the tram last night, the conductor was talking to me and he SWORE I was Japanese.... Yay... you know I love that. He did NOT believe I was from America. But he was chatting casually about his lover too! What is wrong with these men!?

Transfers were this week. And prez made us wait an extra day too! Torture! I was all traumatized cuz I KNEW Kop had to be leaving, she's been in this area for 6 months! We cleaned the kitchen spotless, got all of our food out and just sat at the kitchen table eating and decorating our new planners, waiting for the call. Guess what! We're together still! I'm sooooo happy! I was in shock and I accidentally spoke in Russian to president on the phone. Sad thing is, I didn't realize until I hung up. Haha I was like "nee-chee-vo sebya! spa-see-ba bull-shoy president, eta chew-da" which means "wow! Thank you so much president it's a miracle!" I thought it was weird he was like "uuuuh- okay you have a good night." When I hung up we screamed and partied then I was like, wait, did I just speak to him in Russian? My comp said yea... I'm a moron.

We have two new elders in my district! They're way cool. G and E. I'm just so devastated cuz K went AP and we've only had him for one transfer. He freaking rocks. M left. I'm traumatized.

The other night we took a train a little ways out of the city to visit one of the members we love. After our meeting, we had to book it back to the platform before the last train into the city left. So imagine us, running down a dark, snowy, Russian, country lane and I rounded the bend ahead of my comp. I saw the train and was trying to decide if I could make it across the tracks to the platform in time, when my comp came stomping through the snow. I could see she didn't see the train, which I had decided by then was way too close for comfort and the conductor was blowing the horn really loud. But it all happened so fast! I decided no way could I make it, but saw that my comp didn't realize HOW close it was. So she goes running past me and all in slow mode I was like "NNNNN-YEEEE-TTTT!!!!" Which means NNOOO! And I grabbed her arm and THREW her back just as the train flew past us! Omg, you had to be there to see how freaking close it was. From then on we just always joke about it and scream “NYET” every time we can, but all that night and the next day she just kept on being like, thank you sister, thank you. Haha!

There is this new girl we're teaching named Karina.... most beautiful person I've ever seen in my whole life! Like, take your breath away beautiful. Elder K found her, or rather, she found him, on the metro. There's just too much to tell, and guess what, no time. But let me just tell you, this girl is a miracle, I love her. We talked for a couple of hours yesterday and we're meeting again tomorrow. I think she inspired me more than I did her. I'll tell you her story next time. Wow. I love her!

Rita is getting baptized as far as we know, on Saturday! Yay! Pray for it to go through!

All I do is eat! Everyone says it's cuz it's so cold, but I hate it! I don't like snow. But we have gotten some sun this week, which was super fun! What it comes down to is that I’m fat. I'm a fat Japanese missionary lost in Russia and dodging trains.

I'm getting pretty good at men's cuts, so tell the men in our fam they don't have to be scared anymore when I cut their hair. Well, maybe they do, but I AM improving. I get a LOT of practice. It's fun.

Love always and forever (is that cheesy?), me
(written Feb 21, 2008)

No comments: