June 21, 2008

John the Baptist rocks

I'm kind of crazy sad, but those times pass, ya know. Our baptism, Rita, yea, she called it off. I think she'll still be baptized. Soon I hope. I just want to see Rita again so I can talk to her. We had Zone Conference yesterday and it was really good.

Have I mentioned that I LOVE my district? 
Cuz I totally do. So, I know you won't believe this, but I’ve been super proud of myself because my whole mission I'm always ready to walk out the door on time. But my comp NEVER is. I'm not complaining, it doesn't bug me at all, I'm just being selfish and telling you that we were late to zone conference because of her. :)
So we walked in (we're supposed to be there reading 45 minutes before, so technically we were WAY late) and they were finishing singing the opening song. President stood up in front of everyone and was like "Sister G, would you please say the opening prayer?" .... Haha! So I ran up to the mic and gave the prayer--probably lots of mistakes cuz I didn't get to think it out in Russian, but cool. So it was a good time, good talks. We got to the end and we were already over time, but for some reason President stood up to close and decided he wanted some testimonies. Guess who the first one out of EVERYONE was that he called on? 
Yup. Me. I was super nervous, cuz once again, I couldn't think it out at all and I'm horrible under pressure. So I sounded like I had just run a marathon when I got up to the mic and all through my testimony, but it went well... I think. I don't remember what I said, my mind goes blank under pressure! Two other people gave theirs too and we ended. Prez thanked me and was super nice.
OH! They told us at zone conference that since we're getting rid of all American missionaries, we're having to change all records and area books and everything into Russian. Ours already is, but it just seems weird that it's all happening so fast. We know who our new Prez will be, and he's Ukrainian! I don't know much more about him at the moment. I'm cutting Sister S’s hair today.... I'm booked out 2 weeks for haircuts. hahaha! It’s true though! On Monday I did 5 cuts and I've done more every day this week. And literally, in my planner I have cuts every day for the next two weeks (except Sundays) :) What a blessing I went to hair school! It’s a good tool here!
My new favorite person is John the Baptist. I had no idea how amazing he was. But now, I have such a huge love for that man! His knowledge of his mission and his faith in Christ is just soooooo amazing!

I'm out of time already... what the heck. My heart hurts I miss our family so much. Hopefully I can get over it. But lets be honest, that won’t happen. :) I love you!
(written Feb 29, 2008)

No comments: