June 9, 2008

Mission prep: Hair School, Snowboarding & Mosh Pits

I'm so tired right now cuz it's been kind of a big day and now it's the evening and we're finally hitting the internet cafe... forgive me!

Welp, I'm here with my new comp! Her name is sister Korobrinekova... try saying that five times fast. Or even once, cuz I can't. I'm always like, "Sestra K!" I love her! Every elder has been like, GOOD LUCK! But I think she's rad. My brain is super tired because we've been speaking nothing but Roosky... AH! She speaks ZERO English. It's good for me tho! I need to (*&^*&%&(% learn some RUSSIAN! Gosh DANGIT!

So I love my new apt! We're about an hour north of center, and it's shocking how much snow is there compared to here. I'm in center right now writing to you, so there is more snow where I live up north. Last night I called around to some elders and my sisters from center and was like "Carls Jr tomorrow baby, one o’clock" and guess what. EVERYONE came! It was one huge bash and it was ROCKIN! All my faves were there.

And this morning I actually got up and exercised, which was a first here. I love my new apt! I thought I couldn't have it better than the one in center because that was SUCH a jump from Pskov, but guess what. This one is WAY cooler! So I’m happy and speaking Russian, shocking.

This morning I fell HARD on my popa (rear) right after we left our place. Embarrassing.

Okay, can I tell you something HUGE that happened this week? Highlight of my life! So I was having a super horrible day, probably ovulating or something and I just felt so ugly and had dyed my hair cuz I needed something different and it turned our REALLY red (brown red but EVERYONE LOVED it today, so it's okay) and I was on the verge of tears all day because of a bunch of stuff, and nothing was going right. Anyways, I was sad and haven't felt sad like that in a while. Well we happened to be home, (thank goodness because of what happened,) and my sisters and I were cleaning and the cell phone kept on going off and so finally the fourth time and went and looked at it and it was the APs. I was mad at the elders at the moment so I almost didn't answer it. But I did and was like "WHAT?!"

It was Elder H. and this is how the convo went:
H- "Sister G?"
G- "Yea."
H- "OMG! I have something freaking huge to tell you! I- oh wait, hold up. Hey talk to my friend, I'll be right back.".....
Girls voice who I recognize- "Sister G?"
G, heart pounding- "who is this?"
Girl- "it's Sister N!" (Sister N was mishGirl's companion at the MTC--they are BFF!)
OMG... I LOST it! I didn't know what to do, I was in shock! And I started bawling! hashahaha! She probably thinks I'm horribly depressed and suicidal or something cuz I just bawled and all I could say was that I loved her. She sounds AMAZING! I miss her so much! AHHHHHHH!!! Sometimes I'm still like, AH! I can't believe I talked to her on the phone! H. was in Estonia for visa or something and N. was getting transferred and she asked him if he knew me. I love her!

H. got back on the phone after we talked and I was just like "I hate you!" I don't know why but I was fragile at the moment. He knows that I love him tho. And speaking of ovulating (way the heck up there,) did I ever tell you how my comps think that because I always need to pee, I have frozen kidneys.... they're serious. It's like a real thing I guess... IN RUSSIA! haha And they're always telling me I have to be careful not to freeze my ovaries... Sosyak and babushkas have told me that too...psycho. I think all their brains have frozen.

Thanksgiving was a bust even tho we did get to eat real pizza. We went to some museums with a couple of our elders and Elder S. kept us thoroughly entertained the whole time. :) I love my mission. You want to know a couple of things that prepared me for this mish? Okay:

1. Hair school - obvious one. It's amazing how everyone and their mom totally trust me to do their hair! Even ones who aren't members or investigators or anything! ... Well, they're not YET... :)

2. Snowboarding - I slipped on ice the other day and thought for sure that I was going down. But when I opened my eyes I was fully standing in snowboarding stance and had dug in like on a board. ... Too bad I didn't react like that this morning...

3. Mosh pits - Metro crowds and lines and squeezing in and out of the metro can get SUPER intense and scary. But if I just close my eyes and start humming some Rage Against the Machine, I just move to the flow and I’m totally comfortable with the frantic trampling mobs.

I told my comp we're definitely getting a yolka (Christmas tree)! Ugh, I have to go... not again! But I love you more than anything in all of existence! I love my mission! Thank you for like, the billionth time for sending and supporting me! I love you and dad so much! Please tell the fam I love them all!

P.S. the book of Revelation is blowing my mind! :) (written on Nov 29, 2007)

No comments: