September 28, 2008

Brush twice a day

28 days! Or 4 weeks! Or 3 p-days! Till I come home to you!!!! EEK! I'm so so so excited! I looked up my travel plans, and I'm just freaking out! Do you realize I've been dreaming about this (while focusing major on the work here at the same time, Haha) for a year and a half!?!?!? I'm soooo happy! Haha! ...I'm trying NOT to think about it... can't you tell. ;)

Let me tell you, Russia has lost its mind. Is that harsh to say about a country... scratch that. Is that harsh to say about PEOPLE that I love here? There has been crazy junk going on. War related, obviously. And I HATE being cut off from the TRUTH! Ugh, I won't waste more letter time on this, but let me tell you, it's been so intense. I haven't even told you the half of everything going on.

The other night, there was kind of a creepy happening. We were standing waiting for a bus and these two middle eastern men were standing 3 feet away staring blatantly at us. I was going to talk to them, but something stopped me, twice. So I just stared blatantly back. The bus came and I looked back in time to see these two men motion at three others I HADNT noticed behind us, towards us. I was like, what the heck! So I warned B and we got in a position on the bus so we were standing and facing them, where they couldn’t surround us, cuz they were trying to. That bus ride was ridiculous. It wasn't just a hey, we're picking you up situation, it was creepy and planned out and they were being very bold and blatant about it. But they never said a word. So I plotted out our stop in such a way that we jumped off out of the other door and ran from these guys and mixed up in the crowds. It was beautiful the way we pulled it off.

We've had quite a few other things happen, but I'm pretty sure prez is pulling us out next week at transfer, so we're just biding our time.

My tennis shoes died finally. The sole fell off of one. I'm shocked they lasted me so long. So I bought a REALLY cheap (and way not comfy) Russian pair to finish off my mission with. My hair is falling out still. I tried to do braids the other day, but they were too frail and skinny! I'm bald! It's so sad! So I've started taking hair vitamins, hopefully they'll work. And I had a nightmare about my teeth the other night! Oozhous! (Terrible!) Oh, kind of funny, baba masha the other night was telling me my teeth were beautiful and she asked me what I brush them with. I told her just normal toothpaste twice a day. She was soooo taken aback... "EVERYDAY?!" hahaha then it was my turn to be taken aback. One word, and now it makes sense why people's teeth here suck.

Yesterday, a woman stopped us and two of our elders on the street. She was a little drunk, but she really wanted to talk to us. We talked for a while, cuz she wanted to know who we were and everything. She told us her life story, which was super sad and twisted. She told us she sees us all the time around town and that we are the most beautiful people she's ever seen. That we have something about us that nobody else has and she wants to look like that too. It was way cool, because we knew exactly what she was talking about, but she didn't know. I was so happy and just wanted to scream, "WE HAVE GOD!" Haha, it's so fun to share this with people living in sooo much darkness! Light will always shine through darkness, I love it. :) (written 9-11-08)

No comments: