September 28, 2008

Last zone conference

Yesterday was my last zone conference! Talk about sad! Up to this point it hasn't been real at all that I'm going home, and I've been just all HAPPY and excited about it. But for the first time yesterday, I felt kind of sad. It's almost over. Kind of devastating. But I'm excited I have so much to go home to and a whole new adventure to start! :) YAY baby I'm coming home!

I just love my mission experience so much! I was given my death papers yesterday, so I guess it's time to start packing. They were all about my luggage. Prez, who doesn't speak English, has learned two phrases in English. "You trunky" and "HUGE problem!" Haha and he uses them constantly on me. He says, "you trunky?" every five minutes, and every five minutes, I reassure him in Russian, "yes president, VERY!" Then he pops into rooms where I am and says, "HUGE problem?!" Or "Ah, huge problem." I wish you knew him, it would make this really boring story so much more funny for you. :)

I love being back in Shuvalovo! It's fun to be able to understand EVERYTHING this time around, and to be able to speak. It wasn't even that long ago, like four months ago, that I was here last. But I guess it makes a huge difference. It's fun, cuz now I'm getting to know all the faces for real. And they're all like, "wasn't your hair black before?" Haha, yes, I have gone through every hair color on my mish. :) Did I mention I tripped when I went to sit down after speaking? On the podium cord... almost took it all down with me. Yes, I am still the same girl.

A miracle that has happened since I left: remember my little Sveta? We wallpapered the dark room she and her family live in. And then she started meeting with us and ended up loving our guts even though she started out as such a snot nosed brat. Yea, well, new shocker. Her brother, Vlad, who was such a dark sullen guy who would never even respond to our hellos... yea, he's AMAZING! Complete turnaround! He was at sports night, and I was like, Vlad? The elders told me he's the teachers quorum priesthood leader now. He prepared the sacrament, was there an hour early, so bright and lively! WHAT THE HECK?! On Monday night my comp and I went to do FHE with Sveta, who isn't active at all, and vlad was there and was the life of the party. He testified tons of times, so naturally and was like, "I was reading in the book of Mormon this.... and another time this... and it said this..." OMg... Look what the gospel does to people!!!! It freaking ROCKS!!!!

Sports night was so fun! We played soccer first, and I scored! Yay! Then we played football and I scored again! I think the elders were impressed to the extreme. I didn't want to break it to them that all of that action was totally by accident, and probably wouldn't ever happen again. Haha!

L has been sick, sad. B, I love! He's so rad! C, I'm so happy to have around, he likes to talk a lot! And B, Kor's X-boyfriend is actually super nice! I love my district! We're going to do something fun today. We're all here together at internet right now. On Monday after District Meeting, we had district lunch and I psychoanalyzed them all. And I'm gooooood at it, Haha! Well, I've done it my whole mish, so I better be! Afterwards, we talked about dating, and hints girls give and what means what and stuff. Every one of them said I should right a book. Maybe I should. I need some form of income. Haha jk! It's just funny coming from a girl who has never had a serious relationship.

The other day, my comp dropped some invites in a parking lot behind a car that, as she was down on the ground picking them up, decided to back up. I was like "nnnnnnnooooooooooo! ostarozhna!!!(be careful!!!)" Instead of grabbing my comp or something, I jumped behind the car and started pushing it!!!! hahaha It was just a stupid little lada, so I guess I thought I could take it. I didn't really do anything to it, but the people got the idea to stop cuz some crazy girl was pushing their car. Afterwards, I was like, um.... did I just do that?

Yay! In exactly two weeks I'll be in Germany or something on my way home to you! AH! (written 9-25-08)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sister CRG, please don't stop writing! Your mission and transition home would make a good book.

Anonymous said...

Hi
I stumbled across your blog on LDS BLOGS. I thought you mighe be interested in a site my wife and I just built called MormonsMadeSimple.com, which uses simple, explanatory videos to explain the Mormon faith. Feel free to feature any of these videos on your blog, or just share them with non-member friends. We're hoping these videos will be missionary tools to help members share their beliefs. Anyway, sorry to spam your comments section. I couldn't find any contact information for you on your blog.

- Doug & Laurel

Anonymous said...

Hi There Sister CRG, I too stumbled across your blog. I'll keep my story short. Basically, i fell in love with a Mormon girl, (i'm not a mormon and had no idea what mormons do when i met her). Like you, she's left for her 18 month mission and she's driving me crazy. So, if you'got any advice/help/words of wisdom/prayers to offer, i'll take them. email me at bus_wrecker@yahoo.com. thanks - julian