March 29, 2008

This city at night!

Okay, first off.... I'M IN THE MOST AMAZING PLACE ON EARTH! Well, at least that I'VE seen. :) AH! This city is so freaking beautiful! I'm madly in love with it and never want to be transferred again! I am having the time of my life! All the buildings and architecture and culture... it's INSANE! And I haven't even been to any of the palaces or hermitage or anything yet.

But I've got to tell you, this city at night... wow. it's a freaking FANTASY! I'm hoping the weather stays like it is now tho, because it's supposed to just plummet soon. When it's cold.... no fun. Just death. hahahaha! But the other night we were having sports night and it was just amazing, i can't explain it fully, but we were playing in the middle of a square with old buildings and palaces and the ice cream cathedral all around us and then it was getting dark and fireworks started going off right by us and when we were walking home there was a man playing acoustic guitar echoing on the cobble stoned street and the lights and wow.... man i am living a movie. Last night there were classical music students playing down in the metro for money, and it sounded AWESOME because it's all concrete down there and they were plugged in. I LOVE everything about this place! I can't explain it, you have to experience it.

I have to dress really professional being in center.
Yay for collared shirts and jackets. But it's worth it. :) We see Prez and his wife all the time, so of course we're always with the office elders and APs and everything. I feel so IN on it all. hahaha

My companions names are
Grigorieva and Varygina... I never remember, I'm always like "hey sister..." But they're cool. I feel like I'm learning the language a lot more with them. They MAKE me speak to people, so it's good. It's kind of funny, when i was with sosyak, I felt like i could understand EVERYTHING she said, and always laughed when she would speak to the elders in English and they didn't understand anything she said and i would have to translate. But now i think it's a blessing of companionships or something. Because we talked on the phone the other night... I did not understand one word she said. Not one. It was kind of sad. So I just told her i loved her in Russian and hung up. I did love her, but i am so thankful to be with these girls now, I'm not going to lie. And now i understand everything they say and nobody else does. The elders the other day were like "THEY SPEAK ENGLISH?!" hahaha

i like my
apartment a lot. It's very clean, wood floors, nice shower, i love it. :)

So there is a group of
Mormon American girls here that teach English and they're a lot of fun! One of them was like "do you know Brian W., he taught at the MTC" and i was like "know him? I'm dating him" ... hahahaha (that was with a Joe Jr. voice). No, but he was my teacher obviously and then she dropped the atomic bomb on me... he's engaged! WHAT THE HECK!?!?!?! That's traumatizing for the woman population. There goes the perfect man off to be married. hahahaha jk, his girl is totally cute... I just hope she deserves him. ;)

So last night was kind of fun because we were at English class and the
American girls were there and they asked me what was being said and I translated for them without really thinking about it... then i was like UM!? I understand this stuff enough to translate... FREAKING RAD! Just a little pathetic fact about my life at the moment. :)

So I got myself some vitamins and
I'm eating normal food so i feel a lot more healthy and better this week. Stores here are pretty normal, but not completely. No American cheese or anything. One thing I could do with if you WANT to send it are REAL spices! Like spices that i know. Like steak and chicken seasoning and TACO seasoning. They have nothing Mexican here. I'm still keeping an eye out for limes, I'm sure they HAVE to have them somewhere!

I got my pkg!
Yay! I had to take the metro, two buses and walk a mile and a half in the pouring rain to get it, but it's here! Oorah! Thank you so much! They have post offices everywhere here but they send it to the most inaccessible one for some reason. THANK YOU I LOVE YOU!

I got another shot today, right before i came here to write. The hospital is
so nice and I'm so thankful I'm not going to the one in Pskov for my shots! Sosyak told me she could EASILY give me the shots.... i told her i would rather die and she told me i was a stupid idiotic American who didn't know anything because buying needles at the normal pharmacy is totally normal. ....

I had some AMAZING spiritual experiences i wanted to share with you, but i guess I'll have to write them in a letter. i love you all so freaking much! (written on Oct 4, 2007)

No comments: