March 29, 2008

"Oh...and I have lice"

I have lice.
There's no good or easy way to say that. hahahahahahhahahahaha OMG! WHERE AM I!?!?!?!

So let me tell you the story. I know that it's Monday, but it's been a funny day from heck and we needed to email our families, so hey, maybe it was worth the lice.... ;)

So last night, Sosyak told me that her head was on fire and would I check her for bugs... So I sat her down in the kitchen, totally not thinking I would find anything, because lice is such a foreign thought to me (i should have realized i am in Russia and you don't get much more foreign than that,) and it's always been just a nightmare, not so much a reality for me that people actually CAN get lice. I parted her hair and AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Totally saw lice!!! EEEEEEEE!!!!! I immediately started crying, knowing full well that if she had it, I did because we not only live together and are with each other 24/7, but we always have our heads together sleeping near each other and stuff. She was like "Normalna!" and didn't get why I was crying. (I only cried a little bit, I'm not a freaking wanny!) :) She checked me and I had some too... Oh. My. Gosh.

I called Sister S right away, and was in a little bit of shock at what I had just seen, so when Prez S answered I couldn't even remember my own name. hahaha While Sister S was on the phone with me and I had told her our problem and all, I accidentally without thinking yelled "SOSYAK! Stop scratching your FREAKING head and sit down!" really loud and angrily. She was scratching and flinging her head everywhere and running around the house laughing. During this lice issue I was slightly unhinged, and yes, I yelled FREAKING into the Mission Prez's wife's ear... I started apologizing, but she just told me she would be the same way. Anyways, we ended up having to go find a 24 hr pharmacy in the middle of the night and oddly there was a really long line (outside in the freaking 20 degree weather) at the one we found. Meanwhile, our district leader wanted to know what was happening and I of course refused to tell him and tried to play it off like it was no big deal.

Then there were two guy's behind us in line that were fascinated that i was American and they were being all perverted in Russian, to see if i could understand and react, which of course i didn't because they were so lame. When we got up to the window the woman was all loud about us having lice and the guys, in ALL seriousness were like, "you want to share your bugs with us?" and other stuff in Russian. Man, what a screwed up county... But guys here are like, "oo American? let's get it on" all the time. And lice is like, no big deal here. Like sosyak said, "Normalna."

So sosyak and I stripped and did the process we needed to with the hair rinse and everything and we immediately started washing ALL of our clothes, sheets, blankets all in the hottest water possible. It was the worst and FUNNIEST situation EVER!

Finally, after talking to my DL and Sis S. again a bunch of times, we sat huddled in our undies in front of a heater that we found (that sparks and ended up melting our plug socket last night) because we had wet hair, no towels, no blankets, no clothes and it was 20 degrees like i told you before. We couldn't touch the couches or anything until we could go buy stuff to spray it all down with today. So we pulled an all nighter just doing load after load of laundry and talking about the lice orgies (sosyak called them "orggies" so i had to tell you :) ) going on on our heads and laughing hysterically.

In the morning, after flat ironing each other's hair, we checked each other's hair for more lice about every hour, still just chillin in our undies because we don't have a dryer and all our clothes were/are wet. Guess what. Sosyak still had some bugs in her hair. So we went and got a spray for our bodies, a spray for the house, and more hair stuff.

District meeting was done over the phone and all the elders were still like, WHAT IS GOING ON?! Which who can blame them? I just kept on telling them it was something so gay and to forget about it. Come to find out earlier on tho, as P was guessing things that it could be, and asked "do you happen to have little friends?" and i so casually was like "yes, we have lice. NO you moron." hahahaha! Then he told me that This week and last week the other two elders who have BEEN to my apt had a "bug" prob that they kept really quiet and it was top secret. So we think it was either them or some of the girls in the branch that gave it to us because some of them... well... they would have it.

Anyways, the boys brought us over chicken fettuccine alfredo and ice cream and an air mattress because they found out we didn't sleep last night and now think something is wrong with our beds. I love them! Our district is freaking RAD! We got a BRAND new kid who totally knew who i was because i guess we were in the MTC together and it took me a while to figure that out and i then had to apologize for not knowing him. The other one is RAD and he came with us on the bus from St. Petes. We're totally best friends already (he gave me a Dr. pepper he smuggled in from Finland, how could I NOT immediately love him?!)

We were going to go stay at their place tonight and they were gonna go to the other elder's apt, but then i was like, if THEY get lice (if we still have it even after all the stuff we've done to get rid of it), they'll never forgive us. So i refused. They kept on asking what was wrong and I just told them we killed a man and to forget about it. Anyways, that's my adventure! I have lice. hahhaahaha we say that after everything now. "I'm going to the bathroom really quick, k... and i have lice."

I'm really sad you haven't written on here yet, because sosyak says this counts as our p-day and i was like, UM! My fam writes on Wednesday so that's not gonna fly. so hopefully and MOST LIKELY you'll still hear from me on Thursday. I'll definitely be checking my mail. Please write me a lot, I miss you so much! I LOVE the pics you sent! I wrote you some letters and put them in pouch so look for them. I love you oh so sososososososoosososososoooooooooooo much! :)

And I have lice. (written Sep 10, 2007)

No comments: