March 29, 2008

I'm no rock star

I just spent a bunch of time trying to upload pics and it worked but now i don't know how to find them to send them because everything is in RUSSIAN! :) We're short on time today, we're going to some ancient ruins or something.

So, our little problem, I think, is gone for good. Well, let's hope it's for good! You can imagine how freaking paranoid i am now! Every girl at church loves to snuggle me and I've just been cringing and looking at their hair every chance i get! And I did two haircuts yesterday and the whole time I was waiting for a lice to show up!

You know how my scissors are Washi brand? Well that means "lice" in Russian.... a boy pointed that out to me yesterday and I found that insanely ironic. We of COURSE have kept the whole things under wraps, and the Elders have been having a hey day guessing and thinking something is TOTALLY and HORRIBLY wrong (which believe me, I've let them know it isn't because I refuse to be a dramatic and high mantainance sister) and they have been bringing us blankets and icecream and stuff. hahaha

I love our elders, we have so much fun together! I'm SOOOO thankful they gave us blankets, because that night after I wrote to you, it was so freaking cold and all of our stuff was still wet (because nothing dries in this cold and humidity) so I spent the whole night awake in front of an open gas oven on full blast... it was totally torture. You know being cold is the WORST feeling in the world for me! Well, being cold AND tired reeeeeally sucks. But I had time between the hours of 3 and 4 to make thank you cookies for the elders, so ya know. Something good came out of it i guess. I look ridiculous though. I think we're going to go one more night tonight on the floor again. We have washed with lice shampoo 5 times since i wrote you last, so we think they're dead.

I happened to hear an amazing song by Yellowcard yesterday! One of the boys played it while I was cutting hair. By the way, my cutting hair has been SUCH a blessing on my mission! We've gotten so many contacts and lessons out of it! I do like one a day! But anyways, it's way funny how everyone here has TONS of American music, and they don't understand any of it! NONE! The girls in the ward have me sing songs to them all the time that they love (which ps is totally mortifying because, let's be honest, I'm no rockstar... sadly) and they just stare at me and then beg me to sing them again and again... it's hilarious. And all the brands and logos and words on clothes here are totally American, and they have no clue what they say. I know because i asked a man on the bus if he knew what his shirt said. Not so good. But no, he didn't know.

I love you oh so much! Truly madly deeply! Be safe and love the gospel because it freaking ROCKS!!!! :) (written Sep 12, 2007)

No comments: