March 29, 2008

Peanut Butter!

Well, I'm here finally! Yay! Seriously, I can't tell you how excited I get for Thursdays! On Wednesday, it's like the next day is Christmas... EVERY WEEK! Hahaha! I couldn't sleep at all last night! I don't know why I get so excited, I just do. :) To hear from you! AHHH!!!!

We have hot water! YPA!!!!! (Ooorah!) We cleaned our apartment and I love it now. The landlady put lights in so we can see now. My comp and i are getting along really well suddenly... YAY! We just started laughing together and stuff and we just talk forever at night and we're really good friends suddenly. I think.. scratch that--I KNOW it's because of prayer! If you happened to help praying for that, thank you so much! :) I've got her hooked on Wicked and we just belt it out all day long. She has no idea what she's saying, but she loves it. hahaha. Have you ever tried to explain the story of the Wizard of Oz?... Very odd and awkward story to try to tell. hahaha but i had to tell her it to then tell her the story of wicked! :)
Yesterday, D, S, and I started teaching Espanol class! It was basically the most spastic situation ever. You know how precise and anal D is about everything? Well come to find out, S is too.... Oh wow. I basically just tried to stay out of the way while the both of them ran maniacally around the room, scribbling frantically on the board and correcting each other. D told me earlier that he was going to recommend to prez that he and S get put together when transfers come around. Despite the fact that D's fantasy of being 
put with a German companion was fulfilled (because he totally loves German and wants to learn) him and F just aren't working out.

Last night we went home and there were people waiting outside our door. Our bathroom had flooded and ruined their wallpaper downstairs. It was our stupid washing machine. It was totally my fault, shhh... After my bath (my WARM bath! :) ) the night before, I forgot to put the hose for the machine back into the tub. But come ON! Who needs to do that anyways!? It's ridiculous! So we're just going to pay them.

I FOUND PEANUT BUTTER!!!! Yes, we went into a store and i ran into peanut butter, which is impossible to find in Russia i hear. And it's good. I eat it every morning. God knew i needed something to lift me, even if just a little bit. :)

My comp drinks this stuff called Kvas. It tastes like dark, starchy bread.
So, I mass produce cookies here. hahaha! no cake mixes to work with tho! And they don't have ingredients like vanilla and brown sugar and normal measurements of things, even butter. So I make them up and they're a huge hit! Everyone at church is obsessed! They really are deprived. ;) They always freak out over the chocolate chunks i put in them, because chocolate chips don't exist here... weird. Where am i? ;)

Oh my gosh, so I'm really excited for
 winter coat season to hit the shops here! Sosyak busted her coats out the other day because i wanted to see what i needed to be looking for. Well, you know how anti fur i am.. She was like "this is horse" and i almost threw up. But she wanted me to try it on so i reluctantly got up and acted like i was being forced to put poop on my body. But then... I stood in front of the mirror... It was totally the Phoebe moment from friends. I was like, "oh.... I make this horse look good!" It was the cutest coat EVER!!!! And i can't wait to get one! Who am i?! Seriously!? I've lost it! But seriously, you don't even know... SO hot! :) Now i just need to find my seal skin shapka and I'll be set. ;)
So we're not allowed to talk about politics while we're missionaries and now i totally see why... The other day, Anastasia and i started talking and she was all bashing Bush. All the really knew was that we went to war with little countries and we're a huge country and we're picking on them... dumb. i was like, "i love him." K, he may not be perfect and maybe i don't agree with some things that have gone down, but don't bash my president. ESPECIALLY if then you're going to turn around and start praising yours when the world knows he's corrupt and he kills off reporters and people who talk out against him. She thinks Putin is perfect. Whatever. So I had to suck it up, set aside the fact that I'm insanely patriotic and the fact that she had no real facts because the media here is governed and twisted by it's leaders, ... it was hard. But i survived. :)
I'm reading the New Testament and I LOVE it! haha! I knew it was my fave in seminary, but i forgot why. It's just straight up, ALL about Christ. I love it! :) the scriptures are so fun! :)

Babushka Nadyeshda ALWAYS feeds us. She's the one with the rat poo and blood tea and stuff.
 Oh my gosh.... this week.... experiencing her food seemed to be the turning point for my companion and i. So at least it did something good. But
 wow. We were eating blini she had made and both of us on our first bites bit into hair. But both happily kept on eating. and they are
 straight oil. and... i can't even go into what happened. you just can't know unless you are there. one day I'll explain things to you. when we're in
 person. hahahaha
My favorite Muslim girl Lootfia is moving home to Tajikistan or whatever this week. we're sad, but I'm happy for her, she has wanted to go home
 for so long. She's like a freaking prisoner here! But we have a new Muslim investigator and he's AWESOME! I'm going to be sad when we have to hand him off to the elders. he's so amazing and loves the church already, it's so cool! He gives us gifts like melons and nuts from his country, and he's cooking for us on Tuesday, which i trust, because they seem to be a really clean culture. Have i told you i LOVE melon!?!?1 I have always hated melon! You know that! Watermelon, ew! But the melons here are like candy! Wow! (written Aug 23, 2007)

No comments: