March 7, 2008

Liquid Nitrogen

You want to hear about my bathing experience this morning? Well,
there's no way I could take a shower in the freezing water! Even if I WANTED to, I couldn't... the faucet is always on. It won't turn on more or less, hotter or colder, it's just constantly running. So I stuck my head under it today and washed my hair... TORTURE! It was icy ice cold! Totally liquid nitrogen. But I accomplished that and had to just let my hair go cuz I have NOTHING to do my hair with! ERGH! FRUSTRATING! So I'm hideous... And I'm wearing the ugly sketchers you got me... thank you! But I'm so so ugly! Haha! But yea... welcome to the world of sponge baths, huh?... I better buy a sponge today. ;)

The only thing I've eaten since Tuesday has been pretty normal. I had subway for lunch yesterday, a Twix bar for dinner and this morning I went and bought wafers because it was the only thing that looked edible at the corner store we stopped at. PS, the candy here is AMAZING, sadly. Haha, the chocolate rocks. Even the Twix was better here!

It's kind of a struggle not knowing what is going on at all. My comp can't really tell me, and she doesn't even know her way around, but I can't help because we can't communicate well enough... it's interesting. But we made it to the internet today. Miracle.

Did I mention I don't understand the money at all? I'm paying people with these hundred dollar bills and I feel like I'm spending a fortune.. But I guess a 100 is only like 4 American dollars. But somehow the coins are just like the bills... I don't get it. I wish someone American could explain it to me! :)

We're going shopping after this and I have a bunch of essentials to buy. I have to get a pillow and blanket. Did I tell you how lice, flees and scabies (whatever that is) are super common here. Sister S. said sisters get them all the time... I'm going to die. And I think my comp thinks I'm a paranoid freak cuz I wouldn't sleep with the nasty pillow last night. Whatever. Haha

Well, I love you so much! I miss you like crazy! Thursday is my p-day. Oh, and if you DO send anything here in a pkg, which, who knows if you should... NEVER get insurance or say the cost of it. If you do, they said it's 100% chance that it won't get to me. WHERE AM I!? haha Anyways. I'm loving this experience! It's absolute insanity! Wow! (written Jul 26, 2007)

No comments: