August 29, 2008

I love Russians!

HELLO AMERICA!

I hate Russian mail. Speaking of which, tell grandma I got her pkg! It was the HUGEST ordeal! But the pkg made up for it. The clothes were so bright and fun but what made my life was the picture album. Thank you thank you thank you so much! I've looked thru the pics 5000 times and my comp just laughs at me.

My comp and I are getting along amazingly. I love her. She's the best sister missionary I've ever known. I'm learning a lot from her. And we laugh sooo much! This week, I've been teaching her all the primary songs in English and the abc's and stuff. It's fun walking down the street singing them together. Haha we're such nerds! She taught me my fave Russian song, Katoosha, and I belt it all the time.

We did service a few times this week in JEANS.... oh my gosh... I love jeans. We did a lot of cleaning and stuff since the snow is gone. While cleaning up trash I found a dead rat and a dog jawbone...gross. SOOO much trash! Elders E. and W. keep me super entertained, they're like one huge stand up act, I love them! We ran into a man peeing on the street this week. Happens a lot. We talked to a drug addict who wants to get off drugs. He also just got out of prison and wanted me to go home with him. Um. Yesterday we taught an AMAZING nineteen yr old couple who are getting married next week. I love them, they're amazing! When we talked to the guy on the metro before, I was like, it's Anikan Skywalker! He even has the freaking braid! Katya, the girl, wants me to do her hair for the wedding...um.

Our apt is falling apart! Our water filter has been a little haywire for a couple of weeks and every time I try to get a DRINK of water, I get a major, high-pressure spray in the face. I'm always super ticked if its right after I flat ironed my hair and did my makeup, cuz it DESTROYS me. ahha! And our light in our toilet is out so we have candles. Romantic.

I love these people! I love the Russians! I feel so at home with them, it's weird! I love you all so much! I miss you so much it hurts, but I'll be home in FOUR transfers! AHHH! (written April 24, 2008)

No comments: