August 29, 2008

Alma 37:37

Today is Harry Potter's Bday!!! We're probably going to do something to celebrate. I would love to read the book, but what can you do. I've waited this long, I can wait a little more. :) H, W, and I sit for hours and asked each other questions from the books trying to stump each other. Wow. I'm a major nerd. Still. :)

I taught relief society this week, and it actually wasn't that bad. Probably just because the woman are so cool and love me, for some super strange reason. Haha I made lunch for district meeting. Spaghetti, it went over well. Nothing like dad's tho. :)

This week we returned to the "Scary" babushka. I don't think I ever told you about her. She’s this crazy baba we go over and wash. She's super fat, and BUCK-naked! I guess she was in the war or something so she's crazy, but my opinion is, she's totally sane, just hilarious. She can walk, but likes to wheel herself (yes, naked, always) around in a wheelchair. So, if you could imagine the head of the cowardly lion with the naked body of a walrus, you know exactly what she looks like. And she likes to growl at us. She wants us to believe she's scary, but she loves us cuz we're just straight up with her and tell her not to fight us. It's funny. We give her dry baths...it's where she lays down and we scrub her with brushes...super weird.

This morning, I was freaking out cuz it was finally pday and I was like "WAKE UP! WE HAVE TO GET TO EMAIL!" jumping on kor's bed. Anyways, I was just running around all morning, but while she was getting ready, I just got the sudden urge to read the scriptures. So I flipped them open, not even to where my place is, and I just pointed to a verse and read it. It was Alma 37:37. The part that stood SCREAMING out to me was, in the morning, let thy heart be full of thanks to God. I hadn't said my morning prayers today cuz I was just running around...Well, it made me smile, and of course I got down and said my prayer and thanked God for my amazing life and this experience he's given me being able to serve him and his children here in Russia. I just love how Heavenly Father will help us out, even with little things like forgetting to pray in the morning. :) I love you all so much! I miss you like INSANELY much! And I'm loving my mish, so I know I always say this, but thank you so much for sending me! :) (written July 31, 2008)

No comments: