August 29, 2008

PS: we have bedbugs!

Can you believe I’m back in Pskov!? I LOVE IT! We got here late last night and the elders were waiting for us to help me with my killer bags. I was super thankful S and his comp were there to help. I'm so stoked I'm back with S, he's so freaking rad! I'm back in the lovely sites and smells of Pskov!

Yesterday was transfer day and I got to ride a train again. Should be fun being back to the long train and bus rides to anywhere we need to go. I'm serving with sister Baikalova, who REALLY doesn't want to serve with an American, but what can you do. She slept the whole train ride...which I considered a major miracle since I chomped on cashews (my fave, as of late) so loud the whole time.

Once again, I'll update you on how transfers went down. It was, of course, TOTRURE as always having to wait. But Saturday was a really good day. We had sports in the morning at Udelnaya Park near our home. Then we had our last English practice, which was super sad. (I also got in a huge fight with my Zone leader who is the biggest male-chevanistic and hypocritical gaylord EVER!) Then we took Sveta Zabrodina (you know the girl who didn't like us and we sat on the dirty floor in her apt by candlelight then wallpapered it and everything, she is soooo traumatized I left, I love her!) and our two black girls, masha and enessa to Yanna's baptism! From center! I can't believe she got baptized, I'm so happy! We found and taught her while I was there! B. baptized her. Then there was another baptism for a kid in our branch.

THEN we went home and waited for transfer calls, which means anything and everything that was possibly edible was sitting in front of me on the kitchen table. B. was 100% sure I was going to Petro. But when Prez called he told me I was going to Pskov...I couldn't breathe for a whole minute and a half! But once it sunk in I was super excited and happy! Then E, another fave called and said he was going to Petro! He thought I was too...sad. I miss my district! But I think my new one is going to be rad.

I totally feel like I'm home in Pskov. A couple of the members met us at the station and I love them. They said I was fat, but what can you do. Haha! Oh, ps, we have bed bugs. Yup. Uh huh. What else can I say? I'm back.

I forgot how cold our apt is too. S found us a new apt he says is waaaaay better, so we're trying to swing for moving in soon. The prob is that our contract doesn't wind up until next transfer...we'll see. I love you! (written May 14, 2008)

No comments: