August 29, 2008

Stinging nettle and skeletons

This week our branch had a little pioneer trek thing, which meant walking through the city of Pskov. What I didn’t 't know, and what nobody else knew, was that Elijah was going to take us through some super freaking Pskovian jungle I didn't even know existed! It's right down by the river. So it was all cool, fun, we talked about pioneers and made our own temple out of sand, rocks and I miraculously found seashells...on the shore of the fresh water (but extremely dirty) river. But it ended up super cute.

Then we were going to go a little further along the river and have a picnic. Little did I know that that was when the REAL pioneer trek would start! So let me tell you.....TRAUMATIZING!!! I can't even explain it! But I can tell you I was screaming and shrieking bloody murder the whole time! For a good reason too! Not only were we cruising through thick shrubs, swamps and trees, but this is obviously the land that nobody ever goes to...because apparently it's where the mafia kills everyone!!!! I stepped on so many shoes, ripped clothing, ropes, and...You won't believe me, I know you won't, but a SKELETON!!!! AHHHH! I was screaming bloody murder! First it was a femur bone, but then further on, a WHOLE body!!!!!!!!! OMG! IT was unreal!

It was a super crazy experience that I haven't even begun to paint the picture of for you. But lets just say that I DESPISE stinging nettle. Sadly, Barlow and I both wore shorts that day and we are still suffering from the effects of major stinging nettle. My legs are hideous! And they were already bloodied after the insane hike through heck. But it was fun afterwards. All very funny. I’m out of time. I love you madly and cant wait to see you!!!! (written Aug. 14, 2008)

No comments: