August 29, 2008

Families are forever...

Lots of shocking and devastating stuff going on here. Last night we got a call in the middle of the night from Sister Grigorieva. Do you remember her? I LOVE her more than life itself. She's one of my comps from Center. Anyways, she just called to say a quick goodbye...her dad died! I am so traumatized for her. She's the only member in her family and it's really hard for them to understand why she's here. In fact, her dad didn't really know the real reason why she's here. He's had cancer and they've been begging her to go home. She has literally less than a week left...sad huh. He died the week she was going home. My heart hurts so bad for her. I'm so happy we know why we're here and that there is life after this one. She's so strong. I love her. We just sat in shock last night for I don't know how long. I'm so sad I didn't get to see her and say goodbye. But I'll see her again. Pray for her.

Funny things this week: I've mastered peeing while standing....horrible huh! But totally necessary, and I'm not bad.
We had cinco de mayo of course! And V and I celebrated! I made Taco salad and rice ole, and we just pigged out! It was the most expensive meal of my mish, and took hours to gather ingredients, but we did it eventually. Looooots of traveling for it. haha I can't wait to just go to one store down the road from home and have everything we need for good meals and not have it cost a FORTUNE! It'll be fun.

We have an amazing new investigator! His name is Zhenya and he's freaking GOLDEN! We taught our first lesson with him this week with Elders E. and S. It was soooo good! The spirit was amazing, and I just love our elders. The lesson flowed better than any that I've ever seen. He's coming to church on Sunday. And our other investigators are awesome. I really don't want to leave this area.

Tomorrow is Victory day here, so we can't wear nametags or missionary clothes, we have to be in by 5 and we get to watch the huge parade on Nevsky! Yay! They just said that we have to lay low cuz there's tons of anti American groups cuz of course, it's a war holiday, and everyone will be crazy drunk. Well, more crazy drunk than normal.

K, I have to go, but I love you TMD and I'm sooo thankful we get to be together FOREVER! :) (written May 7, 2008)

No comments: